Friday, March 1, 2013

Home?

I'd never heard of Gabriella Aplin before, but I stumbled onto her song Home today, and fell in love with it, not only the song, but her amazing voice is so much fun to sing along with... 



The first line "A phoenix in the water" some how reminds me of my time in China and one of my more problematic classes, you see my one student Livia was always calling me random names, and by random I do mean random, for example one day she decided my name would be eggplant. Well the last name she gave me before I had to leave that school was 凤凰 (Phoenix), I rather like that one. Honestly, I've been missing China a lot lately, my fiance, my friends, my students, and even the busy city streets of Harbin. For a season that was my home,  and even though the seasons is over and finished, I can still feel that pull, the tie, the connection deep in my heart.  But ... home is where my heart is and as long as I'm with him, it doesn't matter where we go. So I'm waiting .... waiting on my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment